Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blackwatch Community - ESO Forum Index -> Introduction Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demion Samenel

re: Demion Samenel Introduction

Hi

Well just applied but a small introduction cant hurt :)

My name is Christian,(or Chris for short), 33 year old from Sweden. I jumped on the Beta, but due to work related travels I only did a few hours of it. Just came back home and bought it and played now for 2 days. I have a few friends that also play but they are pretty relaxed and we have a "friend" guild but that's about it. 

I've tried some MMO but not really until I moved back home to Sweden 2006 I started for real. 

tried WOW but I never really got into it, started with EVE online and was hooked from day one. Now I run a small to medium size group in EVE. 

Also played Fallen Earth, sadly due to me having some issues with my current computer it lags to hell, so I will upgrade this one in June. Will be shiny for ESO to :) 

I do enjoy RP, or at least have some kind of reason why I do things in a MMO, I'm also heavy on group feeling and community-building as much as world-building within the game itself. Its maybe the reason I like Elder Scolls serie due to its depth of story. I do enjoy both PVE and PVP so I'm up for both. 

Well thats that, so you all in Tamriel

//D

Ragnar_Rock
Guildmaster
Active Poster

Thanks for the introduction and welcome to the Blackwatch Community.

See you in Tamriel Happy

Pleased to meet ya'. Will hopefully see you in game.

Going Places

I had the pleasure of visiting your home country a few years ago, for a wedding at the Ice Hotel. It was -32C when I got off the plane. I was in heaven! Heat is not my friend.

Beautiful country Happy

Great to have you with us!

My screenshots
Nesara
Going Places

Welcome!! See you in game :-)

Demion Samenel

FBHammered wrote:

I had the pleasure of visiting your home country a few years ago, for a wedding at the Ice Hotel. It was -32C when I got off the plane. I was in heaven! Heat is not my friend.

Beautiful country :)

Great to have you with us!

Hehe, yeah the icehotell in Jukkasjärvi is great place, still have it on my list to visit :) 

Saw that you played EVE btw ;)

FBHammered
Officer
Going Places

Yes, love EVE. I had wondered if you were an EVE player because you 0/ in chat Happy

I'm a bit of a carebear at the moment but that will change when I am richer. I really want to go from rags to riches through my own hard work. Doing rather well so far. I got a few friends to start playing but they really didn't get it. A shame but each to their own.

My screenshots
Demion Samenel

hehe, I renamed the main chat channel as "Local" to :P 

Carebear is fine, I mostly do PVP but quite enjoy a few anomalies, I live in null-sec Providence with my own space. Not really one of the larger player in game, don't care to be either, but we come around. 

Fallen Earth was my first real try of non EVE mmo´s, quite liked it, and so far ESO is doing good to ad a bit of other MMO side of gaming. 

Ragnar_Rock
Guildmaster
Active Poster

Is EVE subscription based (Pay to Play) or is it shop based (Pay to Win)

Pay to play! There is a shop but it's purely cosmetic. Life in EVE is not meant to be easy :D

Edit That said you can buy pilot licenses (game time) for real money and sell them in game but I see no fun in that

My screenshots
Demion Samenel

Yes EVE is subscription based, if ever "Pay to Win" it is mentioned, I think we will have a in-game riot again.

You can if you work and play enough pay your monthly subscription with in-game currency. This however changes from day to day on what the price is for that as the market is player controlled. 

Its a total different game style and in my book you cant compare EVE with for example ESO. It is what you make it. The PVE sucks, but there is alot to do if yo put you mind to it. And it shouldn't be played solo, its no fun.  

Last edited by Demion Samenel on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Gadrean
Going Places

Tried EvE for a bit, but didn't really get on with it as i found it a bit slow. The Auction system/economy in that game is a marvel mind you.

Have you guys ever tried Perpetuum?. That was another reasonably fun sandbox, but alas a bit slow for my tastes. I think Im probably just more of a theme park MMO'er.

Demion Samenel

Gadrean wrote:

Tried EvE for a bit, but didn't really get on with it as i found it a bit slow. The Auction system/economy in that game is a marvel mind you.

Have you guys ever tried Perpetuum?. That was another reasonably fun sandbox, but alas a bit slow for my tastes. I think Im probably just more of a theme park MMO'er.

I can understand that. Many try and you should really push it beyond a month or two to get a real feel. The only progression you make is your own as there is now level to gain, just over time. So you need to make things happen. It has got better to educate newer players to, and also the community is a marvel for itself. And agree on the market/action to, its were one of EVE strength lays. 

I have heard about it, but I have not tested it, Ive been reluctant to try new MMO´s due to EVE, and only Fallen Earth and now ESO has got my attention. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blackwatch Community - ESO Forum Index -> Introduction Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: